- March 13, 2019 - March 14, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The BC FireSmart Committee will be offering six Local FireSmart Representative (LFR) Workshops across BC in partnership with FireSmart Canada. The primary target audience is fire response and land or municipal managers that are familiar with wildland-urban interface (WUI) issues and FireSmart principles.
The six workshops will take place at the following locations and dates listed below.
- Kamloops – October 24-25 – Workshop Full!
- Castlegar – November 21-22- Workshop Full!
- Williams Lake – December 5-6- Workshop Full!
- Prince George – January 16-17- Workshop Full!
- Nanaimo – February 6-7 – Workshop Full!
- Chilliwack – March 13-14-Workshop Full!
For further information please contact Kelsey Winter at FireSmart@gov.bc.ca
REGISTRATION OPEN! LEARN HOW TO BECOME A LOCAL FIRESMART REPRESENTATIVE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
This workshop has been developed to assist community leaders and fire professionals to become familiar with and implement all components of the FireSmart Community Recognition Program. The training provided in this two-day workshop will also equip you with an understanding of the current wildland/urban interface concepts and wildfire hazard assessments, with the tools and skills to recruit and motivate volunteer community leaders, and mentoring abilities to work with self-organized groups of citizens as they plan and implement wildfire mitigations in their own neighbourhoods.
Fire response, land managers, community engagement staff or municipal managers familiar with wildland/urban interface issues and FireSmart principles that wish to implement the FireSmart Canada Community Recognition Program in their jurisdiction by serving as a Local FireSmart Representative.
- Wildland fire management agency staff
- Municipal fire department staff
- Emergency Management staff
- Rural or urban planners or managers
- Office of the Fire Commisioner staff
- First Nations community leaders or land managers
- Non-profit community engagement staff
These two-day workshops are being held in across BC, sponsored by BC FireSmart Committee.
While there is no charge to attend, registration is required.
DAY 1 begins at 8:30 AM sharp on Wednesday, March 13th and ends at 4:30 PM
DAY 2 of the workshop begins at 8:30 AM sharp on Thursday, March 14th and ends at 4:30 PM
Venue: Coast Chilliwack Hotel