FireSmart Communities: Alberta
We are happy to be part of the FireSmart Community Recognition Program in 2012. As communities receive recognition awards we will be posting them here.
Would you like your community to become a recognized FireSmart community? Find out more about the program.
Want to speak with your Provincial Liaison about becoming a FireSmart community? Your Provincial Liaison is Laura Stewart.
Congratulations to the following Alberta neighbourhoods for becoming FireSmart Recognized Communities:
- Lake Edith- 2014, renewals 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Summer Village of Waiparous- 2015, renewals 2016, 2017, 2018
- Marten Beach- 2015, renewals 2016, 2017
- Midway Estates- 2015, renewal 2016
- Lower Kananaskis Lake Cottage Subdivision- 2015, renewal 2016
- Summerwood Estates- 2017
- Marie Lake- 2017
- Middle Springs 100/200, Banff- 2018
- Middle Springs 300, Banff- 2018
- Valleyview, Banff- 2018
- Sulphur Court, Banff- 2018
Congratulations to the following Alberta local government recipients of the FireSmart Community Protection Achievement Award:
- Kananaskis Improvement District- 2014
- Strathcona County- 2015
- Town of Edson- 2015
- MD of Lesser Slave River #124- 2015
- Town of Whitecourt- 2015