FireSmart Home Partners Program
FireSmart Home Partners is a voluntary property assessment program that helps residents identify specific actions they can take on their property to reduce wildfire risks.
FireSmart Home Partners Property Assessments provide residents:
- An in-depth, on-site assessment conducted by experienced fire professionals;
- An opportunity for property owners to identify mitigation actions unique to their property;
- A detailed follow up report with customized mitigation actions designed to measurably reduce the wildfire risk to your property;
- An opportunity to earn FireSmart Home Partners certificate acknowledging your mitigation achievements. The certificate is given upon successful completion of required mitigation actions and an on-site follow up inspection;
- This type of recognition can be used to enhance real estate transactions by reassuring prospective buyers that the appropriate level of wildfire risk reduction has been achieved on the property; and
- The mitigation certificate can also be shared with local insurance providers to showcase mitigation activities and potentially increase a homeowner’s ability to maintain insurance coverage. FireSmart Canada does not share the assessment or any details of the assessment with the insurance industry.